Capcom’s horror game Resident Evil 7 finally launched today. The publisher also put out a launch trailer to celebrate the occasion and and additionally, outlined the upcoming downloadable content that some players will be able to pick up very soon.
In an official blog post, Capcom has made the announcement that it has a special timed-exclusivity deal with Sony for all of the game’s DLC. The first coming expansion, Banned Footage Vol. 1, will be launching on January 31 for PlayStation 4, before arriving to Xbox One and PC on February 21, almost a month later. It’s included in the extra $30 season pass or can be bought by itself for about $10.
Banned Footage Vol. 1 will be including two new “Banned Footage” scenarios to play through and a mode called Ethan Must Die. Here is a rundown of the content, with descriptions from Capcom:
- Bedroom Scenario: Figure out how to escape from a locked room, but don’t let Marguerite Baker know you’ve been out of bed.
- Nightmare Scenario: Fend off waves of enemies and survive until morning.
- Extra Mode – Ethan Must Die: A tough-as-nails mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PSVR)
Banned Footage Vol. 2, meanwhile, includes a further two scenarios and another mode.
- 21 Scenario: Gamble life and limb in a deadly game run by Lucas Baker.
- Daughters Scenario: See what the Baker family was like before the tragic events of Resident Evil 7.
- Extra Mode – Jack’s 55th Birthday: Race against the clock and feed Jack tons of food in this comical extra game mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PSVR)
Banned Footage Vol. 2 will come out on February 14 for PS4 and Xbox One and PC on February 21 along with the first. You can get it with the Resident Evil 7 season pass or by itself for $15.