Yes you read it right! There’s going to be a 29$ internet ready phone on the market soon. Microsoft announced the Nokia 215, it’s cheapest internet phone yet.
With it’s introduction, Microsoft tends to target the billion or so people who will have their first hand experience of an internet phone soon. It can also be a handy second phone to some who are looking for a rather old school experience in a phone. Let’s look at some specs of the Nokia 215 :-
1) The 215 will be a 2G enabled phone with a single or a dual sim.
2) You can experience Facebook, Twitter, Opera Mini Browser, Bing search on the 215.
3) Built in Torch.
4) 29 days of stand by time on the single sim and 21 days of stand by time on the dual sim variant.
5) Up to 20 hours of talk time.
6) VGA camera and upto 50 hours of MP3 playback.
7) 2.4-inch QVGA LCD display at 320 by 240 pixels with 8 MB of RAM.
The Nokia 215 isn’t made to break any design records but it does appeal to the market that Microsoft is trying to deal with. With it’s durability and old fashioned look, it gives a sense of familiarity but also boasts some new features to look at.
Jo Harlow, Corporate VP of Microsoft Devices Group
With our ultra-affordable mobile phones and digital services, we see an inspiring opportunity to connect the next billion people to the Internet for the first time The Nokia 215 is perfect for people looking for their first mobile device, or those wanting to upgrade to enjoy affordable digital and social media services, like Facebook and Messenger.
The 215 comes in a traditional Lumia’s bright green, black and white colors. The Nokia 215 does not differ a lotP from it’s predecessor, Nokia 225, except the dramatic reduction in it’s price.
It’s expected to roll out in select markets of the Middle east, Africa, Asia and Europe in the first quarter of 2015. The cost will be 29$ before taxes and subsidies.