Chinese firm LeEco, recently hosted an event in San Francisco where it demonstrated its smart phones and TVs. While that in itself wouldn’t be quite so exciting, LeEco is going to use the roster of products it displayed at the event to target the US market. LeEco Smartphones and TVs are now ready for sale in the US from today onwards.
LeEco is launching its LeMall site for a “flash sale” that will start at 10AM PT/1PM ET, and will offer only a limited number of products for sale. The company may have adopted this strategy to build curiosity amongst the US denizens. And of course, flash sales are a great way of building hype amongst the populace.
Interestingly, only users who have pre- registered will be able to get their hands on the limited number of LeEco products that are available. On offer are LePro 3 and Le S3 smart phones and the Super4 X Series and uMax85 TVs, that have been priced at $100-$200 off the company’s MSRP.
Some of the key features of the two LeEco smart phones, namely LePro3 and Le S3 that were displayed at the San Francisco event earlier this month, are as follows:
- It offers Snapdragon 821 processor, the same processor as in devices like the Google Pixel.
- A 5.5-inch display and a rear-facing 16-megapixel camera.
- 53 millimeters thick and features an impressively heavy 4070mAh battery with 4GB or RAM and 64GB of storage.
- The phone is priced at $399
- It is relatively a lower-version with 5.5-inch display
- That handset features Snapdragon 652 processor
- 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage and a 3,000mAh battery.
- The phone is priced at $249.
LeEco was formerly known as LeTV, and was the world’s first public video company. It is also the only entity among China’s major Internet companies which is completely domestically funded. It is listed among China’s A-share stock market with the highest value in China’s Growth Enterprise Market board. The US expansion may give it a further boost, although taking business away from the hordes of tech corporations already present in the US isn’t going to be a piece of cake.