With Cydia development slowing right down, many people are unable to install Cydia on their devices anymore and have lost access to the tweaked apps, modified games, tweaks and modified apps for free they used to enjoy. A number of alternative solutions have been released, and one of the very best is called TweakBox. This unofficial app installer offers much of what Cydia used to without the need to jailbreak and, with more than 2000+ apps on offer, there is pretty much something for everyone.
With so many apps on offer, TweakBox is one of the most comprehensive third-party installers available today, offering modified apps, games, tweaks, utility apps, clean up tools, games emulators and a whole lot more. To make finding your apps easier, the developers have provided everything in categories, and when you open the installer, you will find:
- App Store Apps – iOS app store apps, many of them modified but available to you for free
- TweakBox Apps – unofficial apps that you will never find in the app store. Here, you can download games emulators, featured screen recorders, streaming apps, file managers and tweaks to help make your device perform better
- Tweaked Apps – stock apps with lots of extra features, making them far more functional and useful.
- Modified Games – lastly, you can download games that have been modified – in-app features have been unlocked, extra features added and modified games
Before you start:
Before you can even think about downloading TweakBox, there are a couple of things you need to do:
- Back up your data just in case things go wrong
- Make sure you have a good internet connection – use Wi-Fi if you can
- Make sure you have plenty of battery life on your iPhone or iPad
TweakBox is not official, so you will not be downloading it from the app store. It isn’t hard to get, though; you just need to make sure you follow these steps exactly as they are written:
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch Safari browser
- Visit the TweakBox App Store download page and tap on the Download link
- Tap Allow and wait; when it’s downloaded, a “Profile Downloaded” message will appear
- Close the TweakBox page and open your Settings app
- At the top, you will see it says “Profile Downloaded” – tap on it
- Tap Install and input your passcode (if asked to)
- Tap Install then tap on Done
- The app will be installed and is on your home screen
Fixing the Untrusted Developer Error:
TweakBox is not yet ready to use because Apple won’t let you. As it is not an official app, they do not trust the developer, and the app will not run. You can trust it, and it takes just a few seconds:
- From your home screen, tap on the Settings icon
- Tap on the General option and then go to Profiles & Device Management
- Tap the Enterprise App section near the bottom
- Find the developer name (it will be on the error message) and tap on it
- Tap Trust and then tap Trust again and now you can use the app
How to Use TweakBox:
After you download TweakBox, using it is easy::
- Open the installer from your home screen
- Pick the app category you want to look in
- Find an app or a game – use the search bar if you want to find something specific
- Tap the app or game and tap on Install
- Wait for the app installation to finish and enjoy using it.
If, when you try to use the app or game you face the Untrusted Developer error, just follow those steps above to resolve it.
TweakBox isn’t the only app installer; another one you can try is called ACMarket App. With much the same range of content as TweakBox, it offers a great alternative if you can’t get on with TweakBox.
TweakBox offers users an alternative to both Cydia and to the official app store; with no need to jailbreak and so much free content to choose from, give TweakBox a go; you won’t go back to the official app store.