In the modern business landscape, software development plays a huge role, and there are several reasons for that. Creating your own apps and software can help your company survive the tough competition, deliver better customer experiences, streamline your workflow, and bring more innovative products to the market.
As you can see, the benefits are clear. So there is no wonder why no business can survive without having its own software solutions in the 21st century. But, the biggest question is how to create software that fits your business vision and not waste too much time and money on it?
Unless you already have your own in-house crew of software development superheroes, you might face certain issues with finding the assets and talents needed to fulfill your ideas. But, luckily, there is a solution. These days, companies can hire a dedicated development team to delegate all these matters to professionals and ensure the best outcomes. This article will tell you how to find your ideal development partners in 2021 and acquire reliable long-term partners for your business.
What Is a Dedicated Development Team?
Before we move on and tell you how to hire specialists to help you with implementing your software ideas, let’s take a moment to define what a dedicated development team is.
In a nutshell, it is one of the main types of engagement models used when you hire remote teams for software development. This model can be used best when you don’t have a well-defined goal but already have a general direction for your project. It also works well when your business already has an outsource or in-house team that needs a boost in terms of the workforce.
Dedicated Team Structure
When deciding whether to choose this engagement model or not, one more thing you should be aware of is the standard structure of such teams.
Typically, you should expect to have from six to eight talents in your team. This includes the following specialists:
- UI/UX designers;
- QA engineers and QA automation engineers;
- Project manager.
Depending on the specific needs of your business and the scale of your project, you may also need additional experts. This can include business analysts, data scientists, solution architects, external tech leads, and consultants. However, all these positions are optional.
What Are the Benefits of This Model?
Now that you know about the core idea behind this engagement model, let’s take a look at the main benefits:
- More Control. When you choose to collaborate on such terms, you retain full control over the process. Your dedicated team will keep you updated throughout every stage of development. Meanwhile, the entire decision-making part is on you. Though you can choose to delegate some of it.
- Agile Environment. Typically, this model implies applying an Agile approach to projects. That is, you will get a fully self-managed team that focuses on one task at a time, values skills over titles, and embraces collaboration between experts. This approach has many benefits and helps ensure the best results.
- Quicker Time to Market. Professional teams can ensure the fast launch of your products. So, if the time to market matters to you, it is a great option.
- Predictable Costs. Though you may not have a specific goal, the cost of your project will be easy to predict. Other engagement models can’t offer this. However, if you hire a dedicated team, it will work at a fixed hourly rate. This makes it easy to plan your project’s budget accurately.
- Around-the-Clock Office. When you work with overseas talents, different time zones can play to your benefit, allowing you to set up around-the-clock operations.
- No Hiring and Paycheck Issues. With this model, you delegate the entire process to professionals. That is, you won’t have to deal with the pain of recruiting the right talents or managing other HR activities.
- Focus on Things That Matter. Lastly, hiring a dedicated development team enables your in-house staff to save plenty of time and focus on things that matter most. At the same time, you will stay confident that your projects are not put on hold.
Apart from the benefits mentioned above, this model also provides you with all the perks of hiring a remote team, including lower project costs, greater flexibility in the process, access to a wide pool of talents, and fast scaling.
How to Hire a Dedicated Development Team and Make the Most of It
Though boosting the workforce with the help of dedicated specialists is known to have many perks, the benefits and results you will get in the end will depend on how well you can build your team.
Below is a compelling guide to help you make the most of it.
Define Your Requirements
First of all, to reach all your goals, you must have well-defined requirements. So, before you start looking for your perfect development partner, take time to analyze your business idea and define the tech stack and conditions for your solution. This will help you understand what exactly you should be looking for in your development partner.
Find a Reliable Vendor
When you have a clear idea of what you are looking for, it is time to figure out your options and pick a vendor that suits your business needs the most. Luckily, today, plenty of companies offer such services, so you will have plenty of options to choose from.
Some of the major factors to consider when making your choice are the cost, the reputation of a vendor, provided guarantees, and the professionalism of specialists.
Contact a Vendor With Your Requirements
When you choose a vendor that aligns with your vision, go ahead and contact him, presenting your idea. At this stage, you should provide your vendor with your project outline, requirements document, as well as general information about your company. All this data will help the chosen vendor understand your cultural and technical needs and, thus, find the best talents for you.
Get Involved in the Interviewing Process
Hiring a dedicated development team generally means that you can delegate the entire recruitment process to your vendor. However, it is never a bad idea to get involved in the interviewing process. This is especially important when working with the chosen vendor for the first time. Getting involved in the process of talent acquisition will give you more control over the result. This way, you will be able to form your team from scratch according to your unique needs.
Finally, once your talent group is fully formed, you can launch the workflow. Typically, the launch stage shouldn’t require much time or effort from your side. If you choose a good vendor, the launch should be fast and easy, letting you focus on other things that matter.
The Bottom Line
So, now you know everything you need to know about dedicated development teams and the process of hiring one in 2021. Follow the tips we shared here to start collecting the right talents right now and bring your business ideas to life quickly and easily. Hopefully, each of you will find this guide helpful.