Today, at its first-ever Join the Republic: Outshine the Competition event in Berlin, ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) arm announced the launch of on exciting lineup of gaming solutions. The key motive of this division is to provide innovative PC solutions for hardcore gamers and an ultimate gaming experience. This is now being appended with the launch of a fresh lineup of products including curved displays, motherboards, GeForce graphics cards, and even a developer toolkit.
- ROG Poseidon GeForce GTX 1080 Ti – This graphic card features next-gen DirectCU H2O hybrid cooling technology for complete flexibility in options — air or liquid cooling. It has however been improved upon from the previous gen by 22 percent for better heat dissipation. The design of this graphics processor makes it easier for gamers to put together their custom water loop. It also includes Patented wing-blade 0dB fans with IP5X certification deliver maximum air flow and longer fan lifespan. This premium graphics card is built using ASUS’ Auto-Extreme technology and also includes the following technologies, ASUS FanConnect II and Aura Sync.
- ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti – This graphics card, on the other hand, features MaxContact cooling technology. This is an industry-first GPU cooling technology that features an optimized copper spreader that provides a 10X-flatter surface for up to 2X more contact area with the GPU than traditional heat spreaders, resulting in an improved thermal transfer. It also comes coupled with three patented wing-blade 0dB fans — 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance. This is also well-suite for your VR gaming needs as its includes two HDMI ports, which lets gamers keep a VR headset connected to the system. All other features are similar to the Poseidon.
- ROG Swift PG27VQ – This 27-inch curved gaming monitor comes with WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution and NVIDIA’s G-SYNC technology. The display’s Quantum-dot technology results in incredible contrast, deep saturated colors, and stunning brightness — with darker black zones. Also, it has a 165Hz refresh rate to eliminate lag and motion blur to give gamers the upper-hand in fast-paced first-person shooters, racing, real-time strategy, and sports titles.
- ROG Swift PG27UQ – This is a 27-inch G-SYNC HDR gaming monitor, which offers a 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution at a refresh rate of 144Hz. The stunning display features HDR technology which makes the display 7 times brighter than standard displays. The Quantum-dot technology includes a DCI-P3 color gamut is more realistic and 25 percent wider than traditional sRGB.
- ROG Strix XG27VQ – This is also a 27-inch curved Full HD gaming monitor with a frameless design. This makes it suitable for multi-display surround setups, which provide an immersive panoramic gaming experience. It includes Ultra Low Blue Light and Flicker Free technologies to provide a comfortable viewing experience during gaming marathons. The refresh rate for the display stands at 144Hz, providing it with a stutter-free experience.
ASUS Aura SDK beta program
Fancy lighting has become one of the prominent aspects of today’s gaming PCs and ROG is now working to evolve their Aura lighting technology. ASUS has already designed Aura to change colors and inform gamers of CPU and GPU temperatures in real-time. But, it now plans to make the experience more intuitive and personalized with the Aura developer kit. It will enable developers to integrate this technology into their games, thus, having the PC light up in accordance with in-game action.
ASUS is currently launching the Aura SDK in beta, with an official release scheduled for Computex 2017. It is planning to collaborate with third-party publishers for native integration and produce Aura Sync-capable gear.
ROG Strix H270I Gaming motherboard
ASUS is further appending its lineup with the release of the latest ROG Strix H270I Gaming compact mini-ITX gaming motherboard. It introduces a new double-decker PCH+M.2 heat sink, which is thermally isolated to cool M.2 SSDs by up to 20°C for an unthrottled performance. This motherboard also features crystal-clear SupremeFX S1220A audio, ASUS Aura Sync, four dual M.2 PCIe 3.0 slots, and dual Gigabit LAN.
- ROG SLI HB Bridge – It doubles on the available transfer bandwidth of the previous generation bridge. It supports multiple 2-way configurations — both 3-slot and 4-slot — for maximum flexibility and seamless gaming experience. The HB here stands for high bandwidth, I hope it was pretty obvious!
- ROG Areion 10G Ethernet card – It has been designed for the demanding requirements of power users. The ethernet card is powered by an Aquantia AQtion AQC107 LAN chip, which is compatible with five transfer rates — 10 Gbps, 5 Gbps, 2.5 Gbps, 1Gbps, and 100Mbps. ROG Areion 10G has a full-size heatsink for a cool full-load performance of this card.
- ROG Strix Magnus USB gaming microphone – this is the ROG’s first microphone launched for game streamers (hear closely — Twitch, YouTube Gaming users). It includes 3 individual studio-grade condenser capsules, environmental-noise-cancellation (ENC) technology, and ASUS Aura RGB lighting.
- ROG Pugio gaming mouse – this offers a completely ambidextrous design with configurable side-button layout. This means you no longer need to alter your grip or change game controls to avoid accidental clicks. ASUS calls this mouse a weapon, which features a push-fit switch socket design to vary click resistance and extend the device’s lifespan. And yeah, don’t forget the Aura RGB lighting support.
- ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 gaming router – this is ROG’s first router designed specifically for gaming. This is powered by ROG’s gaming center providing you an instant overview of the gaming network — internet status, stability, device connections. It includes eight LAN ports, two are dedicated gaming ports that prioritize network traffic to devices connected to it. The router also includes a Game Intrusion Prevention System (Game IPS) to offer integrated security based on Trend Micro technology.
At the event, ASUS ROG President Jackie Hsu took center stage to further boast about their lineup:
ROG will continue to grow and outshine the competition. We’re the world’s No.1 gaming brand because we always listen our customers – the planet’s finest gamers.