There have been numerous instances where we accidentally (or maybe deliberately) texted something to someone that we regretted later. What even got worse was we couldn’t undo it and damage control got near to impossible at times. Telegram messenger has brings a new feature (among others) in its latest updates that will save you from trouble.
Telegram, in its blog post, announced, it will be introducing a feature which lets you delete messages the sent messages. With the new update (3.16), you can unsend the messages within 48 hours of sending them.
Along with this, Telegram has rolled out many other features. The Data and Storage menu lets you to chose the types of media to be downloaded over mobile data, Wi-Fi, and when roaming. These settings already existed but the new update will let you check storage usage, mobile data usage, Wi-Fi data usage and roaming data usage.
Earlier Telegram gave you the convenience of not sharing your phone number to anyone to speak over call instead send a URL of your profile. Now, in lieu of sending a URL which looked like, now you will be sharing- t.me/username. This new link would be working with any platform. Other features include –
- Messages from one sender are now neatly grouped together, and scrolling up shows the date right away, making the chats easier to navigate.
- The app now restores your previous scroll position when you switch back to a chat. Very useful when somebody sends you a saga in 1,000 messages, and you want to patiently read them in the right order.
- Sharing files has become easier because you see a list of recently downloaded files right on the sharing screen.
- Send GIFs directly from Gboard.
- Android 7.1 users can leverage a fast action menu with frequent chat from the home screen.
Messaging apps are constantly rolling out different and attractive features to lure more users. WhatsApp has been working on a similar feature which lets a user revoke messages before they are read by the receiver. It is being tested in the WhatsApp beta (version #220.127.116.119) for iOS devices.