Business IT & Web-tech News

Freshdesk opens new regional office in Berlin to scale business in Europe

Share on Facebook
Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on Reddit

Continuing its global expansion, FreshDesk – the Indian SaaS company which provides cloud-based customer service platform, has opened a new regional office in Berlin, Germany.

The new office in Berlin will enable the company to support and grow their mid-market and enterprise business in Continental Europe. The company has said that the office will be led by Arun Mani, Managing Director in Continental Europe.

Arun joined Freshdesk in early 2016, in order to support the company’s European market and to grow the company’s presence in the region. Commenting about this new development, he said,

Our Berlin location presents an opportunity to provide a higher level of service, increase local awareness and be active members of the local business community. Our team is already growing quickly and we are looking to make key hires in sales, marketing and project management before the year is over.

The initial focus of Arun will be on hiring exceptional talent in Berlin, to service customers in Europe and scale the business in the regions. However, the company has not provided details regarding the number of employees it plans to hire at its new office.

Before joining Freshdesk, Arun Mani was responsible for building and scaling a global sales team for AppNexus. He has previously worked at McKinsey & Company and Accenture, managing client relationships and advising C-level executives on growth strategies and sales enablement.

The company, which is based in Chennai and San-Francisco, was launched in 2010 by Girish Mathrubootham and Shan Krishnasamy. It is one of the leading provider of cloud-based customer service software globally.

It enables businesses of all sizes with customer support across multiple channels like email, phone, chat, forums and social media. Till now, it has raised over $90 million in funding from Tiger Global Management, Google Capital and Accel.

In just over one year, Freshdesk has doubled its customer base from 40,000 to 80,000 customers around the world. Some of its clients includes 3M, Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, and Cisco. As per the company, around one third of the business comes from Europe.

About 75 percent of Freshdesk’s revenue comes from the US and Europe and the rest of the world accounts for the remaining 25 percent. The company has been on an acquisition spree over the last 12 months with the acquisition of around five startups, latest being Airwoot – a machine learning startup that allows brands to deliver high-speed customer service on social media by using deep learning.

[email protected]

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *