Why Cyber Security
The growing amount of cyber threats, particularly in large enterprises, makes it necessary for businesses to invest in cyber security measures. The advanced cyber defense programs protect important data from external threats, making the online environment more safe and secure.
Cyber security software programs help industries to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information that is supposed to be shared with a limited number of people.
These programs prevent information from being altered by limiting the number of people to access particular information. It carries out the process of network security by protecting the usability and integrity of a particular network and data.
The hackers today, use extremely sophisticated programs to hack networks and systems and gain a lot from data breaches. This makes it necessary to install advanced cybersecurity programs to eliminate these programs by detecting and responding to malicious activity before it causes any damage.
Career Opportunities In Cyber Security Domain
Cyber security is a huge domain with enormous career opportunities. Industries such as finance, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, etc. are embracing cyber security to protect their crucial data with the help of professionals. The demand for cybersecurity experts is continuously increasing which is opening doors for enormous career opportunities in this field.
Courses That Help You To Start In Cyber Security
Bachelor’s Degree– The curriculum is very similar to that of a computer science degree. There are several stages of the degree which begins with fundamentals of programming, statistics, database applications, etc. Topics such as artificial intelligence, ethical hacking, cryptography, etc. are also included in this degree which provides students’ plethora of opportunities to pave ways for advanced learning methodologies.
Associate Degree– It is a two-year program for students who want to learn entry-level work regarding diverse systems and can further move to four-year cyber-security degree. Associate degree involves the fundamentals of hardware and software systems, cybersecurity concepts, and various network technologies.
Cyber Security Certificates– There are various cybersecurity certification courses that are provided by various universities and online certification providers. These certificate courses give the professionals a chance to gain further expertise in this field. These courses include fundamentals of legal issues in computer security, cryptographic techniques, digital forensics, etc.
Master’s Degree– This degree teaches students how to protect computer networks and electronic infrastructures and become professionals in these areas. This is a two-year program which involves technologies such as biometrics, digital forensics, etc. It involves vulnerability analysis, applied cryptography, etc.
Job Roles In Cyber Security Domain
- Security Architect- These people formulate big picture strategies with an aim to create and execute network security for an enterprise. They work with a mission to develop complex security framework to counter malware and other attacks.
- Ethical Hackers– Ethical hackers carry out their operations by infiltrating the security of a particular system. They work by using the same techniques that are used by hackers in order to upgrade the techniques and use them for a better purpose.
- IT Security Consultant- These people are employed by small firms and agencies to protect their in-house data. The main aim of these consultants is to advise these firms to protect and channelize their cybersecurity operations efficiently and effectively.
- Security Software Developer- The aim of these developers is to build security software and integrating this software effectively into diverse applications during the design and development process. The job involves creation of various software tools, software security strategy, lifecycle development of diverse software systems.
- Information Security Analyst– These people carry out their operations by creating firewalls and encryption to protect data breaches and constantly monitor diverse software system to keep track of unusual activities.
- Penetration Tester– The major aim of a penetration tester is the employment of testing procedures on the IT system that help industries to detect major flaws in the work processes. The job involves identifying operating system vulnerabilities, improper configurations, application problems, etc.
- Security Systems Administrators- The job involves multiple phases that includes installing, maintaining, administering, diverse data security systems. The professionals here are involved in daily operations of security systems, thereby developing organizational security procedures.
Salary In Cyber Security Domain
Cyber security job is fast increasing in India, making it an integral component of industries. Many organizations are hiring cyber security professionals to carry out the operations in an efficient manner.
A Network Security Engineer ensures the implementation of various security systems to stop malware and other attacks. The salary of a network security engineer begins with Rs. 4 lakhs per annum and go up to Rs.8 lakh per annum.
A security architect designs the network and computer security architecture of the company. It enables organizations to plan and design diverse elements of security. Their average salary begins with Rs. 17 lakhs per annum.
A cyber security manager’s salary begins at Rs.12 lakh per annum. These people are responsible for the maintenance of diverse security protocols of the organization.
The demand for cybersecurity is evolving at a rapid rate with the growing amount of cyber threats. It has enhanced the protection of internet-connected systems from cyberattacks. Organizations are moving towards adopting more proactive and adaptive approaches to enhance the security operations with the use of advanced technologies.
The “anonymous guy” behind the desk who keeps pushing press releases and sponsored content on our site.
P.S. Don’t go to the profile pic on the left, we keep trolling one of our own writers with this… :p