The latest Jailbreak, Unc0ver, is proving one of the most popular, with support for iOS 11 to iOS 13 on all A7 to A13 64-bit SRM systems. If you’ve missed your jailbreaks and your device meets the requirements, then read on for all the details.
How to Download Unc0ver Jailbreak
You can install Unc0ver jailbreak in two ways; choose the method that suits you:
Method 1: Unc0ver IP File
It’s easy enough to install the Unc0ver IPA file directly to your device:
- Back your device data up – use iTunes, iCloud, or any backup app you are happy using
- Launch the Safari browser and download the Unc0ver Jailbreak app from the linked page
- Follow the directions on the screen and wait – the Unc0ver icon will appear on your home screen
- Go to iOS Settings and go into General
- Tap on Profiles & Device Management and tap the Unc0ver jailbreak profile
- Tap on Trust and go back to your home screen
- Tap on the Unc0ver icon and then tap Jailbreak when the app opens
- Leave it to do its work – your device will respring, and Cydia will be on your home screen
Method 2: With AltStore
An alternative method is to use an unofficial app installer called AltStore. However, this method has a downside in that you need to refresh the app once every seven days or it will expire. This is done using a companion app called AltServer on your computer, using iTunes Wi-Fi Sync – if you don’t do it, the app will expire.
- Download AltStore and follow the instructions at the link to install it
- Open Safari and tap the link above to download Unc0ver jailbreak.
- Launch AltStore on your iPhone or iPad and tap the My Apps section
- Tap on the + button – top corner of your screen – and then tap Unc0ver 5.3.1 – the installation will begin.
- Wait; when the icon shows up on your home screen, the installation is finished.
What is Unc0ver Jailbreak?
Unc0ver is the latest jailbreak utility, released in a time when few other utilities have been successful. The developer is pwn20wnd, and he created his Jailbreak to work on iOS 11 through iOS 13. To date, it has been proven reliable and one of the most stable jailbreaks ever released, and shortly we’ll discuss all the cool features it has.
Unc0ver Jailbreak has support for the devices listed below on iOS 11 to iOS 13.5. If your device isn’t on the list, it isn’t supported:
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPad Mini (2019)
- iPad Air (2019)
- iPhone X (only iOS 12)
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPad Mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air 1
- iPad Air (2019, 3rd generation)
A recent update to v3.2 brought improvements to the Jailbreak, stabilizing it, improving performance, and bringing a whole host of other features, including dark and light modes. Now, there is a description with all app settings, advising the supported system architecture and system version, as well as what the setting does, and the latest update, v5.0, brought support for all A12 and A13 devices on iOS 13 or higher.
Unc0ver Jailbreak also offers these features:
- Ability to access the file system
- Disable auto-updates
- dump APTickets
- Enable get-task-allow
- Export TFP0
- icon cache refresh
- increase memory limits
- Install OpenSSH
- Install unsigned IPA files
- load daemons and reload system daemons
- Lots of tweaks and apps
- Option to disable app revokes
- Overwriting Boot Notice
- Reset the Cydia Cache
- Restore RootFS
- The ability to reinstall Cydia
- Lots more
Unc0ver Jailbreak uses Cydia substrate, the platform that backs Cydia and allows you to modify the software and code without the need to physically access the source code. And the Cydia Package Manager gives you access to all your favorite jailbreak tweaks, libraries, apps, mods, and more.
However, do keep in mind that Unc0ver is a semi-untethered jailbreak, and that means having to reactivate it whenever you reboot your device for any reason. And unjailbreaking is quite simple with the RootFS utility.
Removing the Unc0ver Jailbreak
Removing Unc0ver jailbreak from your device is quite simple:
- Open Cydia
- Go to the Installed tab
- Manually delete each tweak you installed
- Launch the Unc0ver jailbreak app
- Tap Settings and toggle the Restore RootFS (Rec0ver) and Refresh Icon cache options
- On the main screen, tap on Jailbreak or Rejailbreak.
From here, be patient. Your root filesystem has to be restored, and that can take a bit of time. Do NOT touch your device and definitely do not reboot it if it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. When it’s all done, you will see the RootFS message on the screen; tap on OK.
Are you excited to try Unc0ver jailbreak? Try it today; it may not be an untethered utility like we are used to, but it is the best and most stable Jailbreak we have right now.