Just a day after Microsoft launched its much awaited Anniversary Update, the Redmond giant has rolled out Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14905. This time also, the Insider build is available for both Mobile and PC for fast ring users. There are a lot of updates and fixes for PC build whereas mobile version comes with a new sound set.
Unlike in past when PCs usually got new features, one of the highlights of the new update is for mobile. The company has introduced new and refined sound set for mobile to bring it at par with desktop and tablets.
Announcing the update, Dona Sarkar, Software Engineer in Windows and Devices Group wrote,
“We aspire to set a new bar for mobile sound set quality, and are trying to make the soundscape of technology more beautiful and harmonious. This also helps align with new sound design direction of the Windows platform as a whole, so that mobile sounds will family with desktop and tablet and be feel instantly familiar to all Windows users.”
You can find new, updated sounds through Settings > Personalization > Sounds . In addition to the new sound set, Microsoft has updated and fixed a number of issues for Windows 10 Mobile.
These include failure of Lock screen to update after a change in time zone, video pause issue while receiving a call in Windows Phone 8 apps, and blocked caller ID malfunction.
It has also fixed music resume issue after the call if Turn-by-Turn directions from Maps app were on before the phone call. Moreover, now you can perform more actions like call back, text, or setting a reminder from missed call notifications themselves.
However, some issues in mobile remain unsolved in this build. The transfer of apps between internal storage and SD Card does not work until you uninstall the app through System Settings and reinstall it from the Store. This build also does not support Text to Speech capability of Cortana.
Updates and Fixes in PC
The latest build has mostly made maximum changes in Edge browser of Windows PC. You will no longer see a large blank space between the address bar and web content after address bar moves to the top while opening a new tab.
You also have a number of keyboard shortcuts for Edge- CTRL+O for going to address bar, CTRL+ALT+HOME, and CTRL+ALT+END to go ti beginning and end of the table respectively in Narrator Scan Mode.
Microsoft has also fixed issues in Sketchpad and Screen Sketch which used to crash if one tried to change the ink color twice in a row.
Knows Issues for PC
– No support for debugging over 1394 but will be available in an upcoming kit release. Till then, it will posot a work-around on the Debugging Tools for Windows Blog.
– Crashing of Adobe Acrobat Reader
– No text to speech capability of
– Power button on start menu not functioning properly. You will have to right-click on the Start button (or WIN + X) and choose shutdown from there.
– Few apps like Google, Yahoo Mail, Skype Translator Preview , and Trivia Crack are crashing due to compatibility issue
– Some Windows 10 editions may experience crashing of the Settings app while navigating to different settings pages due to a missing .dll file.