Marshmallow 6.0 update is about to descend and it is very obvious that Google’s line of Nexus products will be the first one to have that privileged access. But, the real quest is which non- Nexus device will get to taste the new Android update soon after Nexus. Looks like we have found our winner.
As claimed by LG, LG G4 will be the first non Nexus device to get the Marshmallow 6.0 update, starting with Poland next week, and other markets in Europe, Asia, and the Americas to follow.
LG’s vice president and head of marketing communications, Chris Yie, said in a statement.
By working closely with Google, LG has been able to bring Android 6.0 to the G4 ahead of any of our competitors. While speed alone isn’t an indicator of great service, it does go a long way toward giving consumers the confidence that LG is committed to its existing customers first.
Here are few of the changes that LG G4 will have post the update –
- Permissions have been simplified with greater control of the information applications can access, not only at the installation stage but any time
- Silent feature for sound and vibrate mode as well as a Do Not Disturb mode to block all sounds or only alarms and notifications
- Doze Mode which shuts down background processing of certain apps when the phone is not in use, to significantly prolong battery life
- Other changes include Google Now on Tap feature; new Chrome feature that will change the Web experience for Android users
- Android Pay mobile payment system is now official with Android M
- New fingerprint APIs for developers to add into their apps
- New RAM manager, adoptable storage devices, new app drawer, auto backup and restore for apps, and support for USB Type-C ports.
We will let you know about the other devices to get Marshmallow update as soon as we come to know. Stay Tuned.