In what could perhaps be one of the most out-of-the-box funding stories you’ve ever heard, Betaout, a behavioural marketing platform for e-commerce brands, has nabbed $500K in a fresh funding round. What’s special in that you ask ?
Well, Betaout’s current round is seeing almost all of the biggest names in India’s entrepreneurial environment, coming together and pooling in for the startup’s current round. The list of investors includes founders from Flipkart to Snapdeal, from Ibibo to Freshdesk to PayTM and every possible big unicorn brand coming out of India you can think of.
Apart from India’s biggest entrepreneurial names, a few angel investors from the US have also pooled in for Betaout’s current round.
What makes Betaout so special ?
Founded by Ankit Maheshwari, Raghubir Thakur, Arjun Maheshwari and Nandini Rathi in April this year, Betaout offers one of the most comprehensive marketing platforms out there, to e-commerce brands. It lets brands send out marketing emails, track user behaviour, get in-depth insights on user engagements and provides them a bucket full of various other trackable parameters.
These trackable parameters are real-time in nature, and help brands increase their conversion rates with deep, comprehensive analysis of their users’ persona and intent data.
Thus, interest by India’s biggest e-commerce brands looks pretty much understandable.
Ankit Maheshwari, CEO and co-founder of Betaout says,
We are excited to have the support of some of the most experienced investors and industry pioneers.
Maheswari further says, that these funds will be used to scale up Betaout’s tech back-end, along with efforts to boost sales. The company has offices in Chicago and Noida.
Here’s the complete list of Indian entrepreneurs who have participated in this round :
- Amit Ranjan (co-founder, Slideshare)
- Abhishek Rungta (founder, Indusnet)
- Ankur Warikoo (CEO, Groupon India)
- Anupam Mittal (CEO, People Group)
- Ashish Kashyap (CEO, Ibibo Group)
- Ashish Tulsian (founder & CEO, Posist)
- Badri Sanjeevi (co-founder and CEO Mauj Mobile)
- Kunal Bahl (CEO and co-founder, Snapdeal)
- Girish Mathrubootham (CEO and founder, Freshdesk)
- Pallav Nadhani (founder and CEO, Fusioncharts)
- Phanindra Sama (cofounder, Redbus)
- Rohit Bansal (COO and co-founder, Snapdeal)
- Sam Yagan (CEO, Match Group) through Corazon Capital,
- Shan Krishnasamy (co-founder and CTO, Freshdesk)
- Sunil Goyal through Yournest
- Vaibhav Domkundwar (founder, Better Inc)
- Vaibhav Kakkar (founder, Rankwatch)
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma (founder and CEO, Paytm).
Phew ! That’s one hell of a list.