So you wanted to ride in an R8 or the mighty Hummer ? If you’re in Delhi tomorrow, and happen to be an Uber rider, you’re n luck. In a series of attempts to gain back a positive public image in Delhi, the u.S. based cab-hailing app is now offering you rides in supercars for a limited time in Delhi on July 15th. This is in partnership with Droom, an online platform for buying automobiles in India.
So without further adrenaline level raises, kets get staright to the pint — how do you get a supercar for yourself :
- Fire up the Uber app between 1 pm and 4 pm tomorrow, 15th July
- Request for ‘UberSUPERCARS’ on the slider
- Once connected, a Supercar will arrive at your pick-up location for a 15-minute ride. Please ensure your pick-up and drop-off location are the same
- Demand will be high and availability will be limited.Please be patient and keep trying on your Uber app
However, Uber is listing a few points of caution for you. Do take note :
- How long can my trip be? There will only be 1 ride for 15 minutes per request
- Can I drive one? SUPERCARS will NOT be available for a test drive
- Can I get my friends along? Most Supercars are coupes, only 1
- Will these last forever? SUPERCARS are on-demand for one day only and will not be part of the regular Uber fleet
These supercars are coming along in partnership with Droom, which acts as an online marketplace for buying used and new cars.
Tomorrow. 1 PM. Get. Set. R8 (Yes, I want an R8).