Microsoft has today released, a set of developer tools so as to allow developers to start building apps for its Windows 10 Universal App platform. Microsoft has also released a sample code for universal apps along with the dev tools.
If you are a developer and wish to start developing for the Universal App platform, you need too follow these instructions :
- Sign up for the Windows Insider Program, if you haven’t already.
- Install, or upgrade to, the latest flight of Windows 10 Technical Preview to best support Windows Universal App Platform development.
- Run Windows Update to check for the latest updates.
- If you’re running CTP5 or earlier, uninstall your previous version of Visual Studio 2015.
- Install Visual Studio 2015 CTP6.
- Install the Tools for Windows 10 Technical Preview, which are required when developing for the Windows Universal App Platform. (To install the .iso file, download the files, right-click the local copy, and then select Mount.) Download the ISO (Requires VS 2015 CTP6)
The sample code for Universal Apps Platform is available via GitHub, you can click here to access the same.
Windows 10 is coming out this summer, and Microsoft has released these preview tools to give enough time to developers to update apps for the upcoming Windows 10 OS.