Business News Startups

DIY event-ticketing platform TownScript raises Angel round from multiple investors

Share on Facebook
Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on Reddit


Townscript, an event-ticketing platform which allows even the most not-so-Internet guys plan and develop ticketing platform for their event, has raised an undisclosed angel round from multiple investors. This round comes on the back of TownScript witnessing a 30% M-o-M growth rate.

The round included Mohit Garg (Co-Founder, MindTickle),  Mahesh Parasuraman (Managing Director- Carlyle Group), Nipam Shah (Founder, NRS Advisors), Dheeraj Vasisht (Director – Ameretat Technologies), Sandeep Bhandarkar (CEO – Ameretat Technologies), Hemal Patel ( CEO – Cyberoam Technologies), Lalit Singh (Executive Director – Enterprise Services HP), Kalyan G (AVP Technology Business, Mahindra Tech) and few others as investors.

Founded in January 2014 by IIT-K alumni Sachin Sharma and MIT-Pune graduate Sanchit Malik, Townscript has quickly surged up to become a popular destination for event planners, who wish to develop their own ticketing platform. The start-up already claims to have seen a 30% M-o-M growth, having served over 1000 event organizers till date. While 80% of its clients have come on board via Inbound, the rest 20% have come via direct sales and business partnerships.

Townscript’s focus is to help small and medium event organizers get along with their ticketing issues. While BookMyShow serves to larger, more mainstream events, there’s a lack of platforms offering a simpler, easy-to-use platform for smaller event organisers. Townscript aims to bridge that gap. In short, Townscript is trying to fill the exact same gap, which EventBrite fills in the US.

Talking to us regarding this angel round, Sachin says,

We will continue focussing on building a clean & intuitive interface that fulfills all major needs of event organizers. And to also allow them to control all aspects of their registration requirements in a Do-it-yourself way.

Townscript is planning to use this angel round to further expand operations into major Indian cities and focus on business development. The start-up is targeting a client based of over 5,000 event organizers.


Editor-at-large and co-founder at The Tech Portal. He is a tech enthusiast with interests in new-age technology fields like Ai, Machine Learning, AR/VR, Outer Space and related stuff. Drop him a mail anytime, very reachable.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *