Apple has just released iOS 8.0.1 download links. Apple’s recent iOS 8.0 roll-out passed without too much by way of negative feedback, but as should be expected of a fledgling piece of software, there have been one or two glitches.
- Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
- Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode
- Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
- Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
- Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
- Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
- Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari
The update can be downloaded easily as an OTA update or via iTunes. We’ll report back as soon as we test it out.
Apple has swiftly pulled down the update citing no reasons whatsoever. We are yet to recieve any update on what Apple plans for people who already downloaded it !